Robert H. “Bob” Hendrix of the Lake Meredith area near Sanford-Fritch, Texas, went home to the Lord on February 10, 2021 (John 5:24). Burial will be at Quanah Texas Memorial Cemetery under the direction of Minton Chatwell Funeral Directors of Borger.
Bob was born in Nashville, Tennessee on December 26, 1933 to Rev. Enus Hobart Hendrix and Beleta Mae (Meggs) Hendrix. His mother died in childbirth, resulting in him being raised by his uncle and aunt, Horace G. and Mary Hendrix in Quanah, Texas and Tennessee. Bob was married to his true love, Jane. He attended TCU in Fort Worth, Texas, then served in the United States Army 485th Engineer Combat Battalion from 1953 to 1955. He trained in Regensburg, Germany before being stationed in Passau, Germany during the height of the Cold War, where the Soviet forces were 20 miles away. After his service to his country he attended Texas Tech University, had electrical training in Fort Worth and co-owned an electrical service company prior to entering the Academy at the Texas DPS, where he later returned to teach. He was a former Dumas, TX resident and veteran of the Texas Department of Public Safety L&W responsible for five counties in the Texas Panhandle. Bob continued service after retirement as a Special Texas Ranger.
In 1995 Bob was the recipient of a heart transplant at Baylor Hospital in Dallas. After retirement he enjoyed family and friends, birdwatching, traveling back to Germany, helping others, and active involvement in Fairlanes Baptist Church in Borger, serving as Deacon.
Bob is survived by his wife, Jane; brother, Joe Hendrix and wife, Christine of Russellville, Arkansas; sons, Mike Hendrix and wife, Barbara of Dallas and Alan Hendrix and wife, Jennifer and grandchildren, Brent Hendrix and Camille Hendrix of Allen, Texas; cousin, Dorothy Tawwater; and dear friends Rebecca and Kirk Weatherford.
He is preceded in death by his cousins Opal Marsh and Paul Hendrix.
To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Robert H. "Bob" Hendrix, please visit our floral store.